Subject: Child left seriously injured after accident in lift
An eight year old child has been left severely injured after an electrical lift malfunctioned, trapping his legs and torso.
The child accident happened when the young boy had been in the lift with his older sibling who were playing in the lift jumping up and down. As the lift jammed it descended downwards leaving the safety door still open. The boy’s mother heard the boy’s screams and ran to the opening of the lift where only half a metre was able to free the child.
As firefighters were called and struggled to remove the boy through the tiny gap his legs got caught as the lift fell further down, leaving him with serious injury to his legs.
The child was rushed to hospital where his legs were short of amputation.
See our child accident compensation guide here and our quick guide below for the injuries sustained in this article.