Subject: Child injuries: house fire
A seven year old child has been left injured after he became trapped in his own home whilst a fire broke out.
The child accident claim happened at around 8pm when the child’s father had dropped a lit cigarette onto a stack of newspapers and became unconscious with fumes which led up the stairs and into the child’s bedroom.
The fire spread quickly and neighbours rang the emergency services as the boy was trapped in the upstairs of his home. Fire services rescued the child and his father from the house. The child’s father regained consciousness and was monitored. The child sustained chest injuries.