Subject: Avoid these common child injuries!
- Around 500,000 children under the age of 4 are injured in the home every year.
- Fire is the greatest cause of accidental death. 46% of fatal accidents to children are caused by fire.
- 50,000 children under the age of 14 go to A&E because of a burns or scalds.
- 35,000 children under the age of 4 fall down the stairs each year.
- 130,000 children are injured in the garden each year.
- 3000 injuries are caused by tripping over piles of laundry /toys left on the floor.