Child, 15 – years – old, sustained a chemical burn to her scalp.
The child is said to have been having her hair dyed for the first time, post test patch, when her scalp began to burn. Upon many requests, the hair dresser began to remove the dye. When the dye was removed the child noticed her hair began to fall out in clumps. The next day the child noticed red blotches on her scalp and it began to become very itchy.
The child returned to her hair dressers after a few days and it transpired that she had an allergic reaction to the dye as it was not the same brand as what had been patch tested previously.
As a result of the incident, the child had to attend at hospital for multiple skin grafts. The child also suffered from severe depression and anxiety due to her confidence being knocked.
The child with the help of instructing Child Injury Solicitors, received £20,000.00 in compensation post incident.
Should you wish to contact Child Injury Solicitors, please do not hesitate to contact us.