Child injury Claim – child suffers laceration to finger from uncovered drainpipe.
After the accident the child’s finger was bleeding extensively. He was very distressed. The child was taken to A&E, where the wound was closed with steristrips. Subsequently he needed to attend the nurse at his GP surgery on several occasions for redressing of the wound.
After the accident the laceration was painful whenever the Child knocked his hand during play. The child tended to guard his hand to prevent knocking it and over the first few weeks after the accident he was not as rambunctious as usual. The childs parents struggled with bath time as the wound site had to be kept clean and dry.
After 7 to 10 days the wound had healed. , When the wound healed the child was left with a V-shaped scar measuring 1cm each side at the base of his little finger just below the crease of the metacarpophalangeal joint. The scar was only noticeable on very close inspection. The prognosis was for the scar to diminish with time.
The child’s parents decided to claim child compensation for his injury and were successfull.
Valuation of Child Injury Claims
In this child injury claims example, the specialist solicitors negotiated a compensation award for the child. After 2 years from first instructions the child injury solicitors recovered from the insurance company of the defendant the sum of £1,700 in child injury compensation.
Need Advice and Assistance?
If your child has sustained an injury and you wish to obtain compensation and advice why not contact the chidl injury claim solicitors now.
Please click on this link: child injury claim solicitors
For further information on different child injury claim types please visit the following links:
- Child injuries; CAR ACCIDENT claim passenger in a car or a pedestrian
- Child Head Injury, Child Brain Injury
- Child injury claims due to Pedal bike accident
- Child injuries claim and accident at School
- Child injury claims and accident on a playground
- Child injuries claim and accident at a shop or Railway premises
- Child injury claims and accident on the highway or out and about
- Child injuries claims and accident caused by being a trespasser on land or premises