Child Injury Claim – successful claim after a child fell through step on a slide
A schoolboy aged 8 suffered a small bowel injury with a consequential permanent scar to the abdomen when he fell from a wooden slide. One of his feet had become caught on a rotten step and he had struck himself on the rung of the ladder below. Immediately after the accident he was in extreme pain on the right side of his abdomen. He was vomiting and unable to stand up. He was taken to hospital and a CT scan of his abdomen was conducted.
Free gas was reported in the peritoneal cavity and a laceration injury to the small bowel was identified. The child was in intensive care for four days. A laparotomy operation was performed and the findings were a 5mm perforation a with about 50mls of contamination. The perforation was closed with sutures and the abdominal cavity washed.
The boys parents decided to Claim for compensation and were successfull.
He received £9,000.00 in compensation
If your child has had an accident and you would like advice on whether you are eligible to make a child injury claim please click the link –
For further information on different child injury claim types please visit the following links:
- Child injuries; CAR ACCIDENT claim passenger in a car or a pedestrian
- Child Head Injury, Child Brain Injury
- Child injury claims due to Pedal bike accident
- Child injuries claim and accident at School
- Child injury claims and accident on a playground
- Child injuries claim and accident at a shop or Railway premises
- Child injury claims and accident on the highway or out and about
- Child injuries claims and accident caused by being a trespasser on land or premises